Format & Call Letters
Oldies - WQTL -FM -Kool 106.1
Kool 106.1 is not an era of music – it's a state of mind.
Kool 106.1 is devoted entirely to North Florida’s Baby Boomers! Born between 1945 and 1964, Boomers make up over a third (1/3) of Tallahassee’s population and this is THEIR radio station!.
And don’t miss any of the FSU Baseball and Women’s Basketball games. Both are heard exclusively on Kool 106.1
Kool 106.1 plays great music from the 60's and 70's and allows advertisers to reach a large consumer group that can’t be reached with any other station.
Tune in to Kool 106.1 and you can jam with classic and vintage icons like The Beach Boys, Bob Dylan, The Temptations, James Taylor, The Beatles, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Sonny & Cher, Rolling Stones, Dion, The Supremes, Four Tops, The Who, Aretha Franklin, Elvis, Marvin Gaye, Rolling Stones, Benny King, Mamas & Papas, Buddy Holly, Van Morrison, Stevie Wonder and the list goes on and on.
Kool 106.1 is designed to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
Kool 106.1's Oldies format has proven itself to be timeless!
Kool 106.1 has a wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: Kool 106.1 targets affluent listeners 25-64.
Kool 106.1 Audience Age Breakdown
- Age 18-24 Approximately 7%
- Age 25-44 Approximately 10%
- Age 45 + Approximately 83%
Gender: Kool 106.1 gender breakdown is 51% male and 49% female.
Household Income: Kool 106.1 listeners have high earning power.
Investments: Kool 106.1 targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: Kool 106.1 attracts listeners who are very active participating in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
Kool 106.1 targets listeners with purchasing power.
Kool 106.1 Targets Home Owners
A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years
- Interior painting/wall paper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
Get your message out to thousands of potential new customers each week with Kool 106.1.
Kool 106.1 listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and women's shoes and accessories.
Kool 106.1 has demographic appeal with affluent consumers!
Targets The Most Powerful Demographic Force In American History
Every year, the U.S. Consumer Expenditure Survey shows adults 55-64 outspend the average consumer in nearly every category, from food, household furnishing, entertainment, personal care, gifts, etc.
- Boomers will make-up HALF of the entire U.S. population.
- Boomers control HALF of the nation’s aggregate household spending.
- Adults 50+ will continue to be the most powerful consumers in the marketplace.
-The US Census shows the senior age group is for the first time the largest in terms of size and percent of the population in the U.S.
-Over the next 30 years, the 65+ population will be larger than the younger generations.
-The 50+ population has $2.4 trillion in annual income, which accounts for 42% of all after-tax income in the U.S. (Consumer Expenditure Survey).
-Boomers and seniors have a net worth 3x that of younger generations (Economic Policy Institute).
Baby boomers account for nearly $230 billion, or 55% of consumer packaged goods sales (Nielsen).
-Boomers spend $157 billion on trips every year (NextAvenue).
-Americans 50+ account for half of all consumer spending.
-Boomers outspend younger adults online 2:1 on a per-capita basis (Forrester).
“Radio reaches 98 % of listeners ages 50 +” The Washington Times, 4/18/18.
Kool 106.1 delivers listeners with a high disposable income in their prime spending yearol 106.1 Radio Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here